Starting Authoring Tool

I received a question:
I am an educator in Arizona about to graduate with my Masters in Instructional Design. I wish to apply my experience designing courses for online learning; however I've searched and don't know where to begin to actually learn how to use the LMS and course design software available. I came across your blog and thought you might be able to offer some suggestions.

I have great computer skills but am not experienced in creating web courses. I've seen all sorts of elearning software- Dreamweaver, Lectora, Captivate, Flash etc etc mentioned in job ads, but don't really know which ones to choose in order to get a well rounded working knowledge of how to build a course. Do you have any suggestions where to start? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
First, a good place to start is to ask around like you are doing.

Second, I'm not 100% clear if the question is about creating good online learning experiences that include a blend of online learning techniques. For example, are you looking at becoming good at doing online sessions? If so, you might take a look at: Webinar Software - Adoption Advice and there's a lot more to designing good blended learning experiences.

However, I'm going to guess based on the list of tools that you are really talking about creating self-paced (asynchronous) eLearning experiences. So, given that, my strong recommendation (especially given the comment about having great computer skills) would be to:

1. Choose a specific course, content, audience, learning objectives, etc. Even if you never plan to deliver it, you will still learn a lot more if you aren't just playing. You need to be really trying to create something that is realistic.

2. Download a free trial of one of the more common authoring tools. My personal suggestion would be either the Articulate Free Trial or the Captivate Free Trial. A very close third would be the Lectora Free Trial. Only download one of these and really try to work through creating your course. Get a bit creative about different types of interactions. How to keep the user engaged, etc.

3. Then I would go and download a second tool out of these and try creating similar things with that tool. In this case, I might recommend choosing Lectora as it is a little different in how you work through things.

Once you've gone through this, you should be in great shape to move forward.

Oh, and did I mention that you should be blogging your experience. :)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Evnblog - Kiếm tiền online là Blog cá nhân viết về kiếm tiền online, thủ thuật SEO, các tin tức cập nhật trên mạng nhưng chủ yếu là tập trung vào việc kiếm tiền online với mong muốn chia sẻ kinh nghiệm kiếm tiền online cùng tất cả các bạn, những ai yêu thích công việc nhiều thú vị nhưng cũng không ít khó khăn này. Hy vọng Evnblog sẽ mang lại cho bạn nhiều điều thú vị về việc kiếm tiền online, Nếu các bạn thấy bài viết có ích, hoặc có góp ý cho Evnblog, vui lòng để lại Comment. Xin cảm ơn bạn đã ghé thăm và đọc bài viết .